Thursday 10 February 2011

Tex Mex

January 29, 2011

On a day when Rachel and I had planned on relaxing at the movies, we were convinced to go shopping in London instead. We didn’t expect to buy much, however we did enjoy shopping at TK Max and found some nice dressed that could be worn any season and I also found my birthday dress which I was really excited about! The day didn’t start off the greatest as when we got into London we realized there was a riot/protest going on in the street with tons of people and lots of cops. However, apparently it had been going on all day and most of the people had left. They didn’t bother us and we went on with our shopping. We decided to eat at a restaurant called Tex Mex. It was really cool. They had Mexican food and country music playing and even a bull’s head on the wall. I thought this would be the perfect place for my parents. I had a strawberry daiquiri and Rachel got her whisky sour. Then I ordered the vegetarian quesadillas which had spinach and mushrooms in them and were soooo good. As we were leaving to go home we noticed that everyone in the restaurant was looking out the window. We went over to see what it was and the protest had gone bad with a guy attacking the police and then the police attacking him and his friend to calm them down. It didn’t get too out of hand but we avoided walking that way and could see in the distance a much bigger crowd of people protesting. It was a little crazy!


Until next time,

~D~


No comments:

Post a Comment