Saturday 19 February 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

February 9, 2011

It’s my birthday!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I am officially 23 (although the other day I had to count to make sure I actually was 23 lol).  My birthday actually was a week long event. And on my actual birthday I got many, many birthday wishes and phone calls and spent time with my friends. My day began by going to work and having my kids leave me a message and a card along with a gift from my TA. My kids were pretty good throughout the day, not too bad. After work I just relaxed for a while and napped and waited for dinner. Rachel and I made mac and cheese and hot dogs for dinner and Richard came over (and brought me wine J ) and Jen and Brandy joined us in the kitchen and Nicole brought me chocolate. After dinner we watched some friends and then the Italian job. I got phone calls from my mommy (the first person to call me on my birthday), my baby brother (so excited!), my dad (at 8:34 to officially wish me a 23rd birthday), and again from my mommy, daddy, & uncle! I also got serenaded by my uncle….thank you very much! It was very exciting!

My birthday continued on Saturday for my birthday dinner/party!!!

Saturday night we all went out to Frankie and Benny’s (A New York Italian Restaurant in Romford) for dinner. Chris, Anna, Brandy, Jen, Rachel, Tiffany, Sarah, Kristi, Steph, Richard, and Jim and Liz came. I ordered a strawberry daiquiri and spinach and ricotta canella. Despite the fact that we had to wait for 20 minutes even though I had a reservation and the waitress wasn’t the greatest, it was fun. The food was good and it was nice to all be together. We even got the gratuity tax taken off because of the poor service thanks to Jen. After dinner we headed to the pub for a drink. Richard bought be a cranberry and vodka and we just stayed for a tiny bit. Then we headed to the club- Brannigans. They were playing some older music but I liked it and I had lots of fun drinking fish bowls and dancing!!! I dance a lot! The whole night! It was great. More people showed up and we had lots of fun. I got a little drunk lol. By the end of the night, at about 2 am Rachel, Richard, Steph and I (the only ones who stayed that late) left. We stopped at McDonalds so I could get food and then we headed home. I had a little trouble walking in my shoes, considering for most of the time in the club I had taken my shoes off to dance, it was very difficult to walk home. Thank goodness Richard was there. He even didn’t drink at the club just so that he could make sure I got home okay! How sweet! Once home, I needed to sit outside my room for a bit pondering how I could manage to actually make it into my room. Finally, I worked it out and then I talked to Molly on the phone for a while. It was a great night!

Happy 23rd Birthday to Me in ENGLAND!!!!


Until next time,

~D~






No comments:

Post a Comment