Sunday 5 December 2010

A Cheap Weekend Out

December 4, 2010

This past weekend was really fun and I didn’t spend a lot of money which was great, since I booked my trip to Scotland for New Years and I don’t have a lot of money to spend now. So until I get paid at the end of December, I am trying to have fun weekends without spending a lot of money.

Friday- After work, I came home and ate dinner and got ready to go out. Brandy, Jen, Rachel, Brandy’s two friends, and I went to Mad Dog’s house for a party. There we listened to music and waited for the rest of the crew to arrive. We drank and talked. Then it began to get interesting. Mad Dog said there should be dancing so I mentioned that I took Ballroom Dancing. Well the music kind of lended itself to ballroom dancing so I grabbed Mad Dog and tried ballroom dancing with him. It was really funny and didn’t work out so well. Afterwards, everyone wanted to see just me dance. I told them the only way I would do that was if they played cotton eye joe because that is my favorite song to dance to. So after looking forever, they finally found it. I told them my version of cotton eye joe was different then the British version. But no one knew the British version so I was golden J They played it and I got Mad Dog to join in and then Anna finished up the song with me. It was really fun. Then some people started to leave, but the rest of us there were just getting started. A friend of theirs brought a smoke machine and strobe lights. He put those on and we rocked out forever to the songs, dancing in the strobe lights and smoke. It was really fun.

Saturday- We were debating what to do for the day Saturday but we didn’t want to spend a lot of money. So we looked up free stuff to do in London and decided to go to the National Gallery in
Trafalgar Square
. It took us forever to get there because all of the tube lines were down but we finally made it and guess what???? We DIDN’T get lost!!!! For once, lol. We even took a picture at the station to prove we made it! We began walking towards
Trafalgar Square
and became mesmerized by how pretty it is. We began taking pictures of the Christmas Tree, the giant statues including ones of Lions (I was just saying I wanted a pet lion). We also took pictures of the fountains and the pretty buildings and the ship in the bottle and the giant menorah. Then I told Rachel we needed to find some street and she asked me what the name of the museum was and I said the National Gallery. She pointed to the giant building I had just taken a picture of….and there it was! We went inside, it was huge! There were over 60 rooms for all the paintings. It was so cool. I took a few pictures….well I snuck a few pictures since we weren’t supposed to be taking them, so they aren’t that great, but it was really cool seeing all of the famous paintings. After walking around for a while looking at all the artwork, we decided to head back outside and took some more pictures of the beautiful scenery in the dark/lit up. We even got someone to take a picture of the both of us by the big tree. Then we decided to walk towards Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament since we could see them from where we were. We headed that way and took some pictures of Big Ben and Houses of Parliament all lit up. It was really pretty. Then we walked by the London Eye which was also lit up. We were trying to figure out if it was still open but we could see people taking pictures using their flash out of the bubbles. Then we walked down the Thames River towards the Tower Bridge. We found the Millennium Bridge and crossed over that. It is the only bride in London that is only a footbridge. It is also the bridge in the movie Harry Potter 6 that gets destroyed by the Death Eaters. I told Rachel while we were on the bridge that if we saw any Death Eaters we had to run! It actually wasn’t that bad to walk across although I only stopped once to take a picture then kept walking. We walked under the other side of the London Bridge which was cool because there were restaurants and stores and attractions underneath the bridge itself. Therefore, if London Bridge really did fall down it would be really bad. We continued walking towards the Tower Bridge….of course I took pictures the whole time. Although I limited myself this time, even though last time I wasn’t taking pictures at night with the bridge lit up and this time I was. When we got to the bridge we crossed back over the River to get to the tube station. Therefore I have officially crossed the Tower Bridge! I even took a picture at the part in the bridge where it is raised or lowered, since that is the scary part lol. We found the tube station and began our journey home, taking multiple trains because most were closed down. Then we arrived in Romford and ate dinner at a pub before heading home. We got home and watched a movie and ate ice cream.

Sunday- Today was a relaxing day, like all our Sunday’s are. We did stuff around our rooms and then watched a movie, ate dinner, and hung out.

Overall it was a really great weekend and for not a lot of money.

Until next time,

¬D¬



 

No comments:

Post a Comment